SGA moves voting on final contingencies

SGA moved voting of three contingencies for the Campus Ministries’s Appalachia Trip, Commuter Club and Augustana Ski and Snowboard Club to next Thursday
SGA couldn’t reach a forum this week due to only having 21 senators attend. They needed four members in order to reach a forum.
While they were not able to vote on the contingencies, they were able to listen to each contingency in order to vote next week, where SGA President Richie Benson hopes there will be 25 senators.
“It’s a waste of a good meeting where we could have gotten good stuff done,” Benson said. “I suspect many of our members missed because of Rush. Hopefully next week we will enough members.”
Campus Ministries came before the board first to ask for $6,365 for their Appalachia trip. The money will fund 47 students going on the trip, who have already payed a $250 contribution. The $6,365 would cover the travel and lodging expenses to Frakes, Kent. Campus Ministries will be doing service projects in Frakes.
Senator Chris Saladin is optimistic that Campus Ministries will get their funding for their trip.
“This group has been doing this trip for about 15 years now, so they will have a good chance of getting their budget approved,” Saladin said.
The Commuter Club came before SGA to ask for $420.50 to help fund their club. The club leaders would put this money towards supplies for their fundraising events, such as food and materials.
The Augustana Ski and Snowboard Club came before SGA to ask for $2,000. The club would use the money towards funding their trips, plus buying supplies such as tents, fly fishing poles and fly fishing bait. The club won’t be able to do any of its major trips this year and is going to change its name to the Outdoor Adventure Club.
SGA has $10,535 left in their budget. If these contingencies were approved, the budget would be reduced to $1,749.50 for the rest of the year.
At the end of the meeting, President Benson said administration is going to renovate Bergendoff Hall of Fine Arts and the College Center Loft. The College Center Loft will be turned into a theatre.