Augustana students prepare for the NFL to return

Tonight at 7:30 p.m. marks the first official game of the 2014/2015 National Football League (NFL) season.
During the pre-season games, the Giants, Ravens, and Vikings were the only teams to go undefeated.
Not only is it the start of the new season, but marks the beginning of some fan’s hobbies, like fantasy football and Pepsico’s annual NFL pick-em.
This is a favorite for some Augustana students and is open to anyone who fills out a form, which is in Pepsico.
The first game of this year is between the Seattle Seahawks, who are the Superbowl champions from last season, and the Green Bay Packers, who were first in their division.
The Packers are definitely coming out with something to prove because last year they only had 8 wins, which is the worst season they have had since 2008.
This game could allow the Packers the chance to let every other team know that they are still a team to be afraid of.
The Seahawks also have something to prove at the start of this season, having  gone undefeated at home and want to let everyone know that their Superbowl victory last season was no fluke.
In a survey of over 75 Augustana students, six believed the Packers would leave this game victorious.
“I have the Seahawks wining 31-24 because they are defending champions, and this game is in Seattle where they went undefeated last year,” said Mike Madden, a supporter of the NFL.
Even though six believe the Packers will win, those six think it will be a close game.
“I have the Packers winning 28-27,” said John Schraidt, a life long Packers fan. “They have a better quarterback, and they picked up some new defensive players this season.”
The next two NFL games will be on Sunday at noon with the Buffalo Bills vs. the Chicago Bears and the Cincinnati Bengals vs. the Baltimore Ravens.