A Q&A with Jack McKearnan

1. What is the team’s biggest obstacle thus far in the season and why?
The team’s biggest obstacle this season has been our consistency and playing our best soccer for the full 90 minutes every time we play.
2. What is the team’s most proud accomplishment thus far in the season and why?
The team’s most proud accomplishment so far was probably our win against Aurora. It was nice to come out and win our home opener in overtime with a solid performance.
3. In what ways do you think you have grown during your first collegiate season?
I think I have grown in my ability to communicate and work together with the back four, which were weaknesses in my game prior to my first collegiate season.
4. What are some primary goals the team has for the season?
As a team, our main goal all season has been to make the conference tournament. Making the top four in our conference has been what we have been working towards all season.
5. In what ways do you think the freshmen (including yourself) are making an impact this season?
As a class, we have been lucky enough to find a solid amount of playing time and are holding our own, but we still have a lot of work to do.
6. If you had to choose one word to describe your team, what would it be and why?
Brothers. This has been something that we have been talking about all season to work towards being more than just a team on and off the field.
7. What was the transition like from high school to college soccer?
The transition from high school to college soccer has been an eye opener.  In almost all aspects, the game is a higher level.  From the speed of play to the physicality it has been tough to adjust.  With our conference, our opponents are only going to get faster and stronger so us freshman will have to adjust again.
8. What opponent is the team most looking forward to facing and why?
The team is looking forward to playing against North Central as they are a team we will be competing for a top four spot in conference with.