Bentley/Funke named SGA President and Vice President

The Augustana Observer endorses Charlie Bentley and Sarah Funke. The pair is running for SGA president and vice-president for the 2016-17 school year.

Charlie Bentley and Sarah Funke have been voted the Student Government Association’s President and Vice President for the 2016-17 school year.
“I am very proud of all the candidates for running great campaigns, and I am really excited to see what Charlie and Sarah do next year,” said current SGA president David Sommers.
According to Sommers, 940 students voted in the three day election. This was a significant increase from last year’s election where only 736 students voted.
“Tickets that really try hard to come up with a tactical strategy know what they want to see during their time in office,” Sommers said. ” I really want to thank all the candidates for their participation and their hard work.”
The Bentley/Funke administration is very humbled and honored to take office next year.
“We are eager to start working on our projects and ideas for the campus,” the administration said.
“The first project we are taking on is starting an official task force, made up of a variety of leading senators and our nominee treasurer, Alan Dally. This task force will be in charge of starting to write a new constitution for SGA. We believe that this is the start to rebranding SGA, one in which that leads to further transparency between SGA Executive Board, SGA Senate, students, and administration,” they said.
The Bentley/Funke administration are looking to incorporate new policies that will help empower students. They are looking to make a constitution that is adaptable to SGA as it continues to grow.
“We both would like to start helping senators take more ownership of SGA, in the hopes that they become empowered and more heavily involved on campus,” the administration said.
They are hoping to rewrite the SGA constitution so that it can be read more easily and the senators can easily read and understand it.
The administration has also named their nominees for their executive board. Pending senate approval, the administration will appoint Caitlin Slone for Secretary, Allan Daly for Treasurer, and Courtney Kampert for Chief of  Staff.