Road to the Final Four

After getting on the bus at 12:30 Eastern time, students were told they had thirty minutes to disperse before their rooms were ready. Photo by Ryan Silvola.
Update: March 20, 4:10 p.m.
FullSizeRender
Vikings fans have a cheer-off against Babson’s fans. The Viking’s shouted “Babson sucks,” followed by the Beavers telling the Vikings to “sit down” and “shut up.”
Update: March 20, 3:20 p.m.
11068811_10206653202633281_1651706884_n
Clad in gold, Augustana students board the buses that will take them to Salem, Va., to watch the men’s basketball team take on Babson Collegeat 5:30 p.m. Eastern time. Erik Niemeier passes out the tickets for Friday and Saturday night’s game.
Update: March 20, 11:29 a.m.
After getting on the bus at 12:30 Eastern time, students were told they had thirty minutes to disperse before their rooms were ready.  Photo by Ryan Silvola.
After getting on the bus at 12:30 p.m. Eastern time, students were told they had thirty minutes to disperse before their rooms were ready.
Photo by Ryan Silvola.
Students started cheering “we made it” as the buses pass signs for the exits to Salem, Va. Students wait on the buses while Erik Niemeier, the Office of Student Life and Leadership’s excursions co-chair, checks everyone in.
Students plan on leaving at 4:30 p.m. Eastern time for the Salem Civic Center for the Final Four game at 5:30 p.m. that pits the Augustana men’s basketball team against Babson College.
Update: March 20, 9 am
IMG_3937.JPG
Students overtake a combination gas station Subway to order breakfast on the border of West Virginia and Virginia at 10 a.m. Eastern time.The fan buses are about 1.5 hours (81 miles) away from Salem, Va.
Update: March 20, 7:55 am
Augustana students wake up after a night of attempting to sleep on the floor and maneuvering on the seats of the bus.

Students complain of sore backs and stiff necks.
A little over than two hours out, students have 137 miles to go until Salem, Va., to watch the Final Four game at 5:30 p.m. Eastern time, where Augustana will play Babson College at the Salem Civic Center.
Update: March 19, 11:59 pm
Stopping on the border of Illinois and Indiana 229 miles (3.5 hours) from Augustana, students stretch their legs at a rest stop. There are 565 miles left until Salem, Va.

Students wait for the buses outside the Roy J. Carver Center on Thursday night. Photo by Ryan Silvola.

Students gather outside Roy J. Carver Center on Thursday night waiting for the two buses to take them to Salem, Va., for the Final Four.

Erik Niemeier, the Office of Student Life and Leadership’s excursions committee co-chair, said 108 students signed up to go to Salem.
He estimates the community will arrive at 10 a.m. in Salem.
Check back for more updates on the road to the Final Four.