The Augustana Observer sat down with senior captain Jennifer VanWatermeulen to discuss the women’s basketball team’s record setting season.
1.What are some of your thoughts on the season now that it is over?
“It was really good. We met some of the team goals that we had, and I met some of my individual goals, which is awesome to end the year on.”
2. What were some of those goals for the season?
“To make the CCIW tournament. We made the tournament this year, which was great.”
3. The team broke a record for the best start to the season with a 10-0 record. What are your thoughts on that?
“I think it’s [this season] is going to be pretty memberable, just from the fact that we made history so many times this season. We’ll continue to build upon that success for our program.”
4. So as a senior, this was your last season as a Viking. How have you felt about that?
“It [my time on the team] was pretty special. The girls, coaches and the staff made the season worthwhile and I really enjoyed playing with them.”
5. What was one of your favorite memories from this past season or your time at Augustana?
“Italy was pretty fun. We went over there over the summer. We met some pretty awesome people there and we are still in contact with them. Also, beating Wheaton the year before was awesome.”
6. What were some of the changes you noticed on the team this year?
“Our work ethic has been changing and we want to keep working hard and not slacking.”
7. Anything else you’d like to add?
“I’m very thankful for the opportunity to play Augustana basketball and having teammates that made my senior year special. I’d also like to thank the community for the support we had this year.”