Pop the Augie Bubble: Restaurants

Los Agaves Mexican Grill– Davenport, IA

Los Agaves is a Mexican restaurant in Davenport that serves dine-in meals that are still reasonable for the college student on a tight budget. “They have good food, good prices, and they give you mints at the end,” said Augustana student Cheyanne Lencioni. For those looking to branch out for an experience that feels less penny-pinching without shelling out extra cash, Los Agaves offers the perfect solution.

Funky Desi –Moline, IL

“Funky Desi is the go-to place to eat if you’re a fan of Indian food,” said Augustana student Raisha Shrestha. While the prices aren’t always as student-friendly as other options, the restaurant offers a wide variety of authentic Indian dishes. Interested students will find Funky Desi a satisfying experience for a date night, girl’s night out, or just to try something new with friends. For those concerned about allergies, there are many options available that are gluten-free and vegan. Entrees are prepared with Halal meat.

Fazoli’s – Moline, IL

For those students who are craving pasta but who can’t afford to splurge, Fazoli’s offers a great alternative to eating microwaved ramen in the dorms. “They have the best breadsticks too,” Augustana student Alexis Downey said. Fazoli’s offers a more casual atmosphere and fast service for students with a hectic schedule. Its convenient location also offers students access to Target, Kohl’s, and Hyvee before or after dinner.

Rudy’s TacosRock Island, IL

With eleven different locations in the Quad Cities including the Rock Island restaurant, Rudy’s Tacos is always a convenient stop. “I liked the food. It’s something different from the CSL,” said Augustana student Julia Meyer. Students interested in supporting locally-grown businesses will appreciate Rudy’s Taco’s reasonable prices and good food.

Café Fresh – Moline, IL

Café Fresh is a sophisticated eatery for casual diners.  The cozy restaurant is located in downtown Moline and is very much focused on their aesthetic.  With a unique layout and menu, the restaurant is perfect for a first date or casual hangout with friends.  They offer a variety of sandwiches, wraps, salads, burgers, and many other food items.  They also are well known for their cupcakes, along with healthier options, just as their handmade juices.  Whether you’re looking to impress or just enjoy, Café Fresh has an option for everyone.