The Observer sat down with se- nior wrestler Jimmy Panozzo to discuss his recent placing on the Viking career top 20 win list and team goals.
1. As a team, what has been your biggest accomplishment this year and why?
“As a team, we have battled through many injuries and adver- sity and have been able to com- pete with some of the best teams in the nation, even though we have not been at full strength.”
2. What does Augie wrestling mean to you?
“It means working hard and building a family that will be with you through everything.”
3. How does it feel to be in the Viking career top 20 win list?
“It is a good accomplishment, and I am proud of myself. Hope- fully I can get a few more wins this year.”
4. What are some challenges the team has faced this season?
“We have battled a lot of inju- ries, and unfortunately, some the best wrestlers on our team have had to sit out because of them.”
5. What are some challenges you have faced individually?
“I have not had to sit out because of injuries, but I have had several set backs with my hamstring and knee, which limited some of my activities during practice.”
6. As a senior, what is your most memorable moment as a Viking and why?
“Our trips to Florida have been the most memorable, because they gave our team an opportuni- ty to relax, bond and have fun to- gether without being on the mat.”
7. How has Augustana wres- tling shaped you as an individual? “I learned how to work hard, the importance of time manage- ment, teamwork, respect and not only how to be a better wrestler
but a better person.”
8. If you had to describe your
team in one word, what would it be and why?
“Goofy because we have a lot of characters and even during the hardest of times, someone on the team will make you smile.”
9. Any lessons you learned?
“If you work and try your hard- est, then wherever the chips fall you can be happy with what you did.”